Have lost or missing teeth? You should consider a dental implant. Whether your tooth loss is caused by periodontitis, tooth decay or an injury, Houman Dehdashti DMD PA can help restore your smile.
Advantages of dental implants:
- Implants are extremely natural looking
- Fusion of the implants into your jaw make them very stable and comfortable compared to traditional dentures
- They last a lifetime
Disadvantages of dental implants:
- Implants are expensive and a major financial investment
- The process of getting implants can be time consuming and requires multiple visits to the dentist
- There is a chance the surgery fails (roughly 5% of the time)
Types of implants:
Dr. Houman Dehdashti will be able to tell you which of the three types of implants is right for you:
- Root form implant: The most common type of implant where the screw is shaped like the root of a tooth.
- Plate Form Implant: A plate form implant has a flat and long shape and is better suited for a narrow jawbone.
- Subperiosteal Implants: In some cases where there is not enough bone width or height for the root form or plate form implant, a subperiosteal implant may be prescribed. This type of implant is designed to sit on top of the bone, but under the gums.
Don't put off restoring your smile any longer. Call (941) 624-0990 to make an appointment at Family Dentistry today!